Our webmaster made a mistake and thought that we were serious about conducting seminars. It’s a bad idea, don’t you think? We bill you for practical advice that we will then give away for free in a seminar? Not fair.
We value our relationship with you and we do our best to keep our tools sharp, through actual experience, to help you traverse the complexities of the issues on which you come to us for advice.
Thanks to the following (of course, among other things), you continue to regard us as your trusted advisor:
- Our local trademark registration practice is growing at an amazing pace. We now handle a portfolio of more than 2,200 trademarks, as shown in the records of the Philippine Intellectual Property Office. http://www.wipo.int/branddb/ph/en/
- Privacy law is not an academic matter for us. We are regularly consulted to address real-life situations and have dealt with the regulators.
- Like our trademark registration practice, our patent registration and litigation practice is also growing. More than 70 multinational patent holders in the pharmaceutical, biosciences, automotive, manufacturing, equipment testing and gaming industries have entrusted the protection of their innovations to our firm.
- We embrace and enjoy the convenience of online commerce, online media and online financial transactions. That is why we are comfortable acting for the major players on the planet, including the biggest one, on matters ranging from intellectual property to licensing, privacy, e-commerce and telecommunications. We walk the talk and do our best to be like them. As a matter of fact, this site was designed, created, coded and continues to be managed by one of our firm’s founding partners.
- Telecommunications- read about us in the papers when the next huge deal rolls out.
- We have friends- intelligent ones. We keep a network of correspondents worldwide with whom we have developed a strong sense of community, professionalism and competence. That ensures that you get the correct advice from competent counsel overseas.
The firm was recognized again in the 2017 ranking tables of the World Trademark Review (WTR), Legal500 and Chambers and Partners.
According to WTR, “(e)lite boutique Betita Cabilao Casuela Sarmiento wins praise from foreign counsel the world over: ‘All the partners are responsive, dedicated, reliable and prompt in their advice. Working with them, you feel as if you you’re their only client.’ The four-partner team has secured favourable results for household-name brands in a string of high-stakes cases, and prides itself on its uniquely personalised approach to both contentious and non-contentious matters. Managing partner Andre Philippe Betita is a regular in the Supreme Court, but also deftly handles filing and prosecution issues before IPOPHL; having helped to draft the country’s IP Code, he knows every line of the statute inside out. Pericles Jose Conrado Casuela is a go-to practitioner for licensing matters and IP-rich M&A negotiations.” Andre and Pericles are ranked as tier 2 recommended experts by WTR. The full publication can be viewed here.
The firm is ranked as a second-tier recommended firm by Legal 500, which describes the firm: “Betita Cabilao Casuela Sarmiento’s practice handles licensing, transactions, litigation and enforcement relating to trade marks. Name partners Andre Betita, Pericles Casuela, Joseph Sarmiento and John Paul Cabilao are active practitioners.” The full publication can be viewed here.
The firm’s Andre Betita is ranked in band 3 of the leading Intellectual Property lawyers in the Philippines in Chambers and Partners’ 2017 Asia-Pacific guide. The full publication can be viewed here.
The rankings complement the firm’s milestone achievement of building a portfolio of more than 2,000 trademarks filed and registered with the Philippine Intellectual Property Office within the fifth year from its founding in 2011. To view the firm’s portfolio, visit http://www.wipo.int/branddb/ph/en/ and enter “Betita Casuela” in the “Names/Representative” search option.
Two of our Firm’s Partners, Andre Betita and Joseph Sarmiento, recently attended the INTA Leadership Meeting in Hollywood, Florida. Both partners actively participated in the Leadership Meeting in their respective Committees. Andre Betita is a member of the Enforcement Committee, while Joseph Sarmiento is a member of the Trademarks Practices Committee. They also met with existing and prospective clients and correspondent firms.
All of our Firm’s partners will be attending the 2017 INTA Annual Meeting at Barcelona. If you would like to set up a meeting with any of them, please do not hesitate to send us an e-mail at INTA@bccslaw.com.